A low-key but wonderful PIRGtopia today in the Student Centre, as three fifths of OPIRG’s volunteer working groups were on hand with displays to promote their various causes. Present were:
- Body Equity
- Community Volunteer Action
- Hamilton Freeskool
- Hamilton Haiti Action Committee
- McMaster First Nations Students Association (MFNSA)
- McMaster Green Roof Working Group
- mi water (McMaster’s Initiative for Water)
- Save More Students (SMS)
Some new connections were made, between working groups and with students and others passing through the MUSC atrium between 11am and 3pm. It’s always a good idea to get so many good people together in one space to generate positive action!
A big and sincere thanks to all those who made an effort to put a face to their working group!