FUNDRAISING EVENT COORDINATOR
Posting Date: Friday May 13, 2016 Closing Date: Friday June 3, 2016
Duration of Contract: 10 months; approximately 20 hours per month
SACHA, the Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton & Area), seeks a qualified, dynamic woman to coordinate all aspects of our 13th annual Chocolate Fest & Silent Auction and our United Way workplace campaign.
Reporting to the Director, the Chocolate Fest Event Coordinator will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Working in conjunction with the Fundraising and Management Committees, coordinate all aspects of the 2017 Chocolate Fest and SACHA’s United Way workplace campaign. This includes liaising with vendors, sponsors, auction donors, volunteers and media.
- Increase sponsorship support of Chocolate Fest
- Organize silent auction
- Coordinate donor recruitment and relations
- Coordinate Fundraising Committee meetings (monthly June to December, weekly January and February)
- Research and assist SACHA in accessing new funding
- Maintain accurate documentation
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Previous event coordination experience in a non-profit setting
- Ability to work within a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive framework
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), computer and problem-solving skills
- Background in fund development preferred
Please submit letter and resume to:
SACHA Hiring Committee
75 MacNab St South, 3rd Floor
Hamilton ON L8P 3C1
We thank everyone in advance and advise that only those interviewed will be contacted.
As part of SACHA’s work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Women who are Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, bisexual; women from racialized communities, women with disAbilities, and trans women are encouraged to apply.
Leave A Comment