Social Media Coordinator
The Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) McMaster is seeking a Social Media Coordinator, subject to McMaster Work Program approval.
The Social Media Coordinator would be responsible for promoting all OPIRG events/programming. The Social Media Coordinator would report to the OPIRG McMaster Board members responsible for OPIRG McMaster social media promotions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating graphics for events/promotion of OPIRG initiatives.
- Regular maintenance and updates of the website using WordPress.
- Writing weekly social media posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
Details of the Position
- Hourly Rate of Pay: $20.00
- Hours Per Week: 10
- Employment Start Date: Monday, December 13, 2021
- Employment End Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Application Deadline: Friday, December 10, 2021
Applications require a cover letter, resume, and a sample of work and should be submitted to
OPIRG welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our
organization, and invites aboriginal people, people of colour, poor and working-class people and those
on social assistance, women, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queer-oriented people; transgender, transsexual,
intersex and two-spirit people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from
non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe
the contributions and experiences they would bring to the OPIRG organization in their cover letter.