- Land Acknowledgement
I would like to take this time to recognize that we are currently on the traditional territory shared between the Haudenosaunee (ho – din – oh – show – knee) confederacy and the Anishinabe (ah – nih – shih – nah – bai) nations, which was acknowledged in the Dish with One Spoon wampum belt. That wampum uses the symbolism of a dish to represent the territory, and one spoon to represent that the people are to share the resources of the land and only take what they need.
- Tabling at the McMaster Food Fest (on Sept 26, 11:30 to 3:30 pm)
Must register by TODAY (Sept 17)
- Harjot’s resignation and the managing of staff liaison duties + negotiations with union
- Treasurer resignation and transitioning of duties to Chen Chen
- Figure out details of Online Opt-Out refund process: PayPal or through McMaster?
- Updates on number of opt outs
- Financials and review of the year’s budget to be more Public Interest Project focused, while redirecting funds from community partner projects
- Review and release of Public Interest Project applications
- Resource Center Presentation
- Planning for understaffed Fridays (keep closed, or get volunteers?)
- Board members to help plan OPIRG Activism 101 Workshop for October
- Using Google Sites Wiki and Slack for streamlined communications
- Board members need to sign a Conflict of Interest policy document and return for OPIRG’s archives.
- Board member to act as co-rep for the PACBIC (monthly meetings)
- Application of Support from MISCA