Note: Positions are funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) and McMaster Work-Study.
Students hired for this position must be:
- Registered as a domestic student in a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant federal, provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Registered in a program or course with WIL component as a part of their study plan.
- Registered in a full-time or part-time program in any field of study.
- Meet the McMaster Work Program qualifications.
Social Media Coordinator
The Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) McMaster is seeking a Social Media Coordinator, subject to McMaster Work Program approval. The Social Media Coordinator would be responsible for promoting all OPIRG events/programming. The Social Media Coordinator would report to the OPIRG McMaster Board members responsible for OPIRG McMaster social media promotions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating graphics for events/promotion of OPIRG initiatives.
- Regular maintenance and updates of the website using WordPress.
- Writing weekly social media posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
Details of the Position
- Hourly Rate of Pay: $20.00
- Hours Per Week: 10
- Employment Start Date: Monday, December 13, 2021
- Employment End Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
NEW Application Deadline: Friday, January 7, 2022
Applications require a cover letter, resume, and a sample of work and should be submitted to email@example.com.
OPIRG welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites aboriginal people, people of colour, poor and working-class people and those on social assistance, women, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queer-oriented people; transgender, transsexual, intersex and two-spirit people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the contributions and experiences they would bring to the OPIRG organization in their cover letter.