Ten of OPIRG’s 15 approved working groups were on hand Monday to kick of Alternative Welcome Week at McMaster with displays at PIRGtopia.
The weather cooperated and allowed the groups to staff their displays from 11am to 2pm on the Mills Plaza. Students and other campus citizens were able to interact with the following groups:
- Adaptive Design Hamilton
- Fossil Free McMaster
- McMaster First Nations Students Association
- Community Volunteer Action
- Food Not Bombs Hamilton
- Guatemalan Solidarity Working Group
- Hamilton Students Community Initaitives
- Human Trafficking Awareness Initiative
- McMaster Initiative for Water
- Changing Gears Collective
- Hamilton Freeskool!
- Hamilton Urban Beekeepers (H.U.B.)
- Hamiltonians for Migrant and Refugee Health
- Radical Reading Storytelling Series