CALL FOR WEB SITE PROPOSALS (Re-Issued)
March 15, 2013
The Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) McMaster invites fixed price proposals for web design work required for the re-launch of the OPIRG McMaster website. The work described below must be 90% complete by August 8th, in anticipation of an August 19th launch.
OPIRG McMaster is a volunteer-driven, non-profit, student-funded and directed organization working on issues of the environment and human rights. The web space at www.opirg.ca is used by staff and volunteers to add information on events, and individual working group information.
OPIRG.ca is a starting point for the public and volunteers to get involved with the group. Volunteers use it to promote their events and concerns, and the website allows McMaster students and the wider Hamilton community to connect and collaborate with us through an events calendar and links to information and resources.
The relaunched OPIRG.ca website must incorporate the following features, ideally through the lowest cost means. The determination of the technology left to the contractor, and incremental costs associated with optional technologies should be clearly stated.
1. Events Calendar – monthly calendar that working groups can sign in (distinct log-in and passwords) and add events to, as well as staff acting as overall administration. Include “repeat weekly” & related options.
2. Events – should generate a weekly events e-mail for subscribers (see below)
3. Self-Subscribe page for events listing (using php list currently)
4. Integrate website with Facebook and Twitter
5. Mobile version
6. Links to multiple Working Groups – some onsite “pages” and some link to offsite pages – log in for working groups
7. Home page that features upcoming events
8. Should be easy to add images from computer hard-drive – images should be able to be resized and compressed automatically (as in blogger)
9. Templates for pages to have shared theme (colours, fonts, etc)
10. Integrate with forms (we use various jot forms now) for applications for support, volunteer forms etc.
11. Transfer files from old site to new one.
OPIRG McMaster plans on going live with the website on Monday, August 19, 2013. All proposals must include a schedule that delivers a 90% functional website by August 8th, 2013. The contractor is responsible for successfully delivering and launching the site on August 19th, 2013, and providing support to ensure full functionality for one week following the launch.
OPIRG McMaster is seeking fixed price bids for the website relaunch no higher than $3,000.00 and will select the winning bid based on the following criteria:
1. Cost – As a non-profit, keeping this project affordable is a requirement. No- or low-cost technologies should be leveraged wherever possible. Labour costs should not be discounted, but some consideration must be made towards maximizing productivity.
2. Functionality – All the functionality listed under the deliverables must be addressed, and major consideration will be given to proposals that include functionality that reduces demands on staff or volunteer time.
3. Proven Open Source software and programmes preferred.
Proposals must address all 11 deliverables, include a schedule and a fixed price. They should be no longer than 5 pages, including the contractor’s resume, and be submitted electronically in pdf format by 5:00 pm on Thursday April 11, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The successful bidder will be notified by no later than May 2, 2013. All questions should be directed to Randy Kay at 905-525-9140 ext. 26026.
Thank you for your interest.
McMaster University Student Centre room 229