OPIRG McMaster is seeking applications for next year’s volunteer WORKING GROUPS – if you have a great idea you want to see put into practice, and you think you can get students and community members involved then consider applying to start an OPIRG McMaster Working Group.
Working Groups are volunteer groups supported financially and infrastructurally through the OPIRG office. Groups recieve free workshops on Consensus Decision Making and Anti-Oppression to assist in their work. Please read the Working Group Policy online before applying. (http://www.opirg.ca/workinggrouppolicy)
Completed applications are due my 12pm noon, Monday, March 19, with interviews scheduled that week with the OPIRG Board of Directors.
Past and current working groups have initiated and completed a wide array of projects, including
- a campus-wide battery recycling program,
- a non-profit bike repair workshop (Recycle Cycles),
- laid the groundwork for the McMaster Farmer’s Market (now Farm Stand)
- created native species gardens and organic gardens on campus
- waste audit of campus
- promotion of Fair Trade and creation of University Fair Trade Policy
- and much more (see yearly working group year-end reports here, http://www.opirg.ca/working_groups)
There are 16 active working groups completing their year with OPIRG McMaster covering a wide array of issues (take a look at the working groups in the sidebar of the web site for more info on current working groups.) Returning groups must re-apply each year.
The application is online at http://form.jotform.ca/form/2305948342
For more information please see the OPIRG Working Group page