Hear about efforts underway to develop a sustainable and socially just food system for Hamilton!
- Katrina Simmons: Freelance writer and “Eat Local” columnist for The Hamilton Spectator
- Zsuzsi Fodor: McMaster University student and campus-based [i.e. OPIRG McMaster’s PEAS Working Group] food activist
- Jeff Crump: Executive Chef at the Ancaster Old Mill, and author of “Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm”
- Ruth Klahsen: Cheese entrepreneur and owner/lead lead cheesemaker for Monforte Dairy Company
- Carmen Salciccioli: Director, Good Shepherd Centre
The panel will be followed by an overview of the Community Food Security
Stakeholder Committee, its mandate, and its activities to date, hosted by
Committee Co-Chairs Dr. Sarah Wakefield and Councillor Robert Pasuta.
Location: The Hamilton Spectator Auditorium, 44 Frid Street
Date: Thursday, April 30, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Admission is free